The “I Am Now Broke” Haul

There’s nothing a Selfridges bag packed full of goodies to cheer up a few lousy months. There have been a lot of products I’ve been coveting lately and so I finally made the splurge and picked them all up!

The Origins GinZing Moisturiser has been a firm beauty bag staple since I first purchased it last summer. Amazingly, after everyday usage I only reached the bottom of the pot last month. I love the gel-like consistency which sinks in quickly leaving the skin fresh, plump and ready for foundation application. For a more detailed review click here. I couldn’t recommend the Drink Up Intensive Mask anymore to someone suffering from dry and dull skin. This is both my fix for dry patches, late nights, stress and especially hangovers. The fruity smell is so luxurious and after applying overnight my skin looks strikingly more luminous and glowing. It’s also a really soothing product if you’re struggling to sleep and the perfect pamper product for bedtime.

My incredibly lovely boyfriend’s parents got me a Selfridges gift card for Christmas so it just felt natural to hit the MAC counter. An eyeshadow quad has been on my wishlist for about a year now and after a lot of swatch research I finally decided upon the shades ‘Gleam’, ‘All That Glitters’, ‘Woodwinked’ and ‘Sable’. I hope to build up a full palette over the year so I thought these were great starting ones. I’m definitely a glittery eyeshadow girl – I’m perfectly happy with the matte shades in my Naked 1 and 2 palettes so tend to use these together.

My NARS love affair is on going and seeing as these are firm favourites of my favourite Youtubers and Bloggers this was definitely a ‘giving into the hype’ occasion. I’m so happy that I purchased the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser and Radiant Creamy Concealer and they instantly became game changing products for me. I don’t want to go too in depth as I will definitely be talking about these in the coming weeks.

Have you made any luxury purchases recently? What do you think of this haul?

• February 8, 2014 / 3:36 pm

They are so good, couldn't live without them now! xo

1. February 3, 2014 / 8:14 pm

I have wanted ALL those Mac eyeshadow shades for ages too! I think i may just need to create myself a new quad! Let me know what you think of the Drink up intensive as that is another thing on my wishlist

stephellis531.blogspot.com

2. February 3, 2014 / 8:23 pm

I definitely need to try out the Origins products. My skin can get so dry and i'm running our of my current moisturizer. Jealous of your MAC quad!!

xx

• February 8, 2014 / 3:38 pm

would definitely recommend the drink up!
      xo

3. February 3, 2014 / 8:28 pm

Amazing haul I love the GinZing mosituriser too would love to try the mask and most of NARS is on my wishlist I love the blushers x

Catherines Loves

• February 8, 2014 / 3:40 pm

NARS are amazing! You should go for it
      xo

• February 8, 2014 / 3:40 pm

thank you πŸ™‚ glad you liked the post xo

4. February 3, 2014 / 9:15 pm

I really want to try all these products!:) lovely picks!:)xx

curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

• February 8, 2014 / 3:43 pm

glad you liked it! theyre all brilliant and would definitely recommend πŸ™‚
      xo

5. February 3, 2014 / 9:41 pm

I just recently bought GinZing and an Urban Decay Naked palette πŸ™‚

6. February 3, 2014 / 10:11 pm

I have the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask & agree it's really soothing, it definitely helps me fall to sleep! I want to pick up the GinZing Moisturiser next, I like moisturisers that have a gel consistency as they kinda work like a primer too! I'm glad you mentioned that your first pot of it lasted ages though as that is what puts me off buying it, I'd hate to spend so much money on a product for it to all be gone within a month or so! Your MAC quad looks amazing, I need to go pick a few more eyeshadows for my palette, I love the look of Woodwinked & Sable!

L x

http://www.xloulabeth.blogspot.co.uk | 500 followers giveaway!

• February 8, 2014 / 3:44 pm

theyre gorgeous colours. you definitely pay for what you get! it's worth investing in xo

7. February 3, 2014 / 10:11 pm

I really want to try the radiant creamy concealer, been lusting after it for a fair while now. Would love to try some more Origins products too.

Jess // Coffee and Cosmetics xoο»Ώ

8. February 3, 2014 / 10:20 pm

The MAC palette is beautiful, I love the colours you picked. Origins drink up mask is wonderful for my dehydrated skin. I'm also using their make a difference + serum and moisturiser too which are both wonderful.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

9. February 3, 2014 / 11:14 pm

Our Mac quads are so similar! Except my Woodwinked is just a solo shadow and I hit the pan πŸ™ Savouring it now! Nice name by the way! Haha x millierosemake-up.blogspot.co.uk

• February 8, 2014 / 3:52 pm

haha think i picked up quite popular ones! xo

10. February 3, 2014 / 11:32 pm

You picked up some incredible products! All That Glitters is next on my MAC eyeshadows shopping list. I love Woodwinked but my favourite of all time is Patina.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

• February 8, 2014 / 3:54 pm

never seen patina! love all that glitters πŸ™‚ xo

11. February 3, 2014 / 11:48 pm

Mac eyeshadows are so difficult to resist, All that glitters and woodwinked are two of my favourite shades, the drink up intensive and creamy concealer are on my wishlist too x
    RosalieJayne

12. February 4, 2014 / 6:14 am

Love this post Lydia! The quad is amazing, and i am absolutely obsessed with NARS tinted moisturizer. You picked out some really good things. πŸ™‚
    xo

13. February 4, 2014 / 11:53 am

Love the Origins Ginzing Moisturiser, great choice! Really want to try that Nars Tinted Moisturiser, I see so many good reviews on it!

Tiny Alis

• February 8, 2014 / 4:03 pm

it's really lovely, definitely recommend it πŸ™‚ xo

14. February 4, 2014 / 12:48 pm

Some lovely goodies! I'd love to try Origins skincare out. Loved the 'Now I am broke' title – I bet lots of us can relate to that! x
    Sweet Dreams

15. February 4, 2014 / 12:50 pm

The Nars Creamy Concealer is my all-time favourite, I literally can't fault it. Your eyeshadow quad looks like my dream combination of shades, so pretty! x

Elissa | styleaffix.com

16. February 4, 2014 / 3:50 pm

These are products high on my wish list.. Must. Resist. Oh who am I kidding? This is a splurge waiting to happen, haha. Can't wait for your reviews on the Nars products! xx

17. February 5, 2014 / 2:57 pm

Great post! I blooming love Origins, it's such a great brand isn't it. I've not tried anything from Nars as yet but it's defo on my makeup list xx

amy-loves.co.uk

18. February 5, 2014 / 9:31 pm

Also known as th "I am now jealous" haul! Haha. I've been so good and barely bought any beauty treats lately, but I can feel a splurge coming on!
    Mel xx

melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

19. February 6, 2014 / 7:45 pm

I'm super jealous of your MAC quad! The colours look so nice and neutral yet you know they'll make a difference and look beautiful!

I've heard great things about those NARS products too.. I'm definitely jealous of everything you've bought.. my spending ban/reduction was going so well.. πŸ™

cornbreadorvelvet.blogspot.com xx

20. February 8, 2014 / 8:54 pm

Hahah I loved the name of this haul! great post doll! my new fave blog xx

21. February 27, 2014 / 10:22 am

The title of this haul is brilliant haha, this Origin moisturiser is on my wish list too, I have heard such great things!
    Look forward to seeing more reviews πŸ™‚

Xx