Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils

Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils – Red Essential, Light it Up, Nude Perfection

Heading into Boots is a beauty lover’s obstacle course. You know the drill: cotton pads, micellar water, deodorant, out. Does it ever happen? Nope.
My lipstick collection is ever expanding so an offer on the recently released Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils was too hard to resist. A few of my favourite bloggers had reviewed them as perfect budget dupes for the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, and at £4.99 each, I thought I might as well give them a whirl.
Although I’ve never tried the NARS ones myself (£18 is just too steep for me – yikes), I’m super impressed with Maybelline’s budget version. I have fallen in love with these pencils which are without a doubt my favourite drug store release of 2014. I’ve tried my fair share of lip crayons to only find disappointment, either too waxy and drying, or too watery and glossy. But these little crayons pack amazing pigmentation, have an easy to apply creamy formula and stick around throughout the day. For 4.99, what more could you want?!
The colour range in Boots has plenty of colours to choose from.  The reds have stolen my heart and I’ve been wearing them constantly; Red Essential is a beautiful and classic blue-toned red, whilst Light it Up is more orange toned. Nude Perfection is a great everyday shade and makes the perfect budget purchase for a Kylie Jenner nude lip. I’ve got my eye on the pink shades and can definitely see my collection of these pencils growing!

Have you tried these?

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[‘GoogleAnalyticsObject’]=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,’script’,’//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js’,’ga’);

ga(‘create’, ‘UA-42833111-3’, ‘lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk’);
ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’);

1. January 16, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Ooh I've not tried these but I have one of the Nars lip pencils and I love it so these seem to be perfect for more shades, definitely going to pick one up on my next trip to Boots! <3

Andini xx
    Adventures of an Anglophile

2. January 16, 2015 / 9:17 pm

I absolutely love these lip pencils. I don't think they are too drying either, which is amazing.

x x | daisydaisyxxo

3. January 16, 2015 / 10:22 pm

I am obsessed with these lip pencils, I only own two but want many more! I actually really like the look of nude perfection 🙂

Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

4. January 16, 2015 / 10:37 pm

I love these, my favourite is 'Berry Much', its such a beautiful darker shade 🙂
    cherieedle.blogspot.com

5. January 16, 2015 / 10:46 pm

I love the formula of these lip pencils! I've got Keep it Classy, which is a gorgeous reedy-plum shade. I love the look of Light it Up and Nude Perfection though. xo

6. January 16, 2015 / 11:18 pm

That colour looks amazing on you! I have never heard of these but Light It Up looks like such a classic red! Stunning!
    Lots of love. x

7. January 17, 2015 / 2:18 am

I haven't tried these yet but Light It Up looks like my favourite kind of red! Must try to get my hands on it xx

Love and Marmalade

8. January 17, 2015 / 9:21 am

I have one in "Keep It Classy" and I absolutely love it. Can't wait to go and purchase a few more shades. Great post!

fashionsuede.blogspot.co.uk

9. January 17, 2015 / 8:01 pm

I was just talking to a friend of mine about how I wanted to try the NARS velvet matte lip pencils! Unfortunately, being on a budget, I can't afford them so I'm happy to hear about these pencils. I'm surprised I haven't seen them on one of my many marathons around boots but I'm positive that I'll be picking a few of these up next time I go to town!

clearcutfashion.co.uk
    Hazzie xx

10. January 17, 2015 / 9:45 pm

They look amazing!

Laura xo

bigglassesandcoffeecups.blogspot.com

11. January 18, 2015 / 4:56 pm

I haven't tried these but they look stunning on you1 They sound amazing, lovely post xx

Beauty Girl

12. January 18, 2015 / 9:13 pm

I recently tried Berry Much and absolutely love it. Need to try some more x

pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

13. August 8, 2015 / 7:33 am

Simple but very attractive! I bought mine for only 5 pounds! You've earned a new subscriber