The Red Lipstick That Every Woman Needs

MAC Russian Red

If there’s one make-up mantra that I go by,  it’s to never underestimate the power of red lipstick. Having one on hand has been a life saver on the many occassions where I’ve been in need of a serious confidence boost. There’s something about a red lip that can take you from binge watching Friends in bed to full on power woman ready to kick life in the ass.
 I’ve loved red lipstick since discovering Courtney Love, aged 14, when I first embarked on my teenage exploitation of inappropriate make-up choices. Nothing screams teenage rebellion than a bold red lip, right? Despite red being my favourite lipstick colour, when it comes to my favourites, the stash is pretty small. There’s plenty that haven’t made the cut – but some contenders are the NARS ‘Short Circuit‘ plus an array of the budget Kate Moss x Rimmel shades.
But did you guess the red in question? Of course, it’s MAC’S ‘Russian Red’, a firm beauty blogger favourite and the perfect step to a classic Marilyn red. With its creamy matte finish and blue undertone, it seems to suit every skin tone, making it an easy and classy shade to wear.

What’s your favourite red lipstick?

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK

1. April 13, 2015 / 8:02 pm

Red lipstick is my favourite, and this looks so gorgeous!

Wishuponthatstarx.blogspot.co.uk

2. April 13, 2015 / 8:27 pm

I agree! This is a classic that every woman should own. It looks gorgeous on so many different skin tones and isn't too matte or drying like Ruby Woo.

xx
    Caked To The Nines

3. April 13, 2015 / 8:41 pm

Definitely going to pick up MAC Russian Red, everyone always raves about it and so you've just confirmed my inevitable purchase! Think red lips are such a confidence booster too! x
    Fashionable Food Blog

4. July 6, 2015 / 8:37 pm

Oh my god don't even talk to me about rebellious makeup! When I was about 14 or 15 maybe I went through this stage of wearing lilac eyeshadow EVERY DAY. It was repulsive! Thank god I saw the light and discovered the Naked palettes haha

Lifeaccordingtolili.blogspot.com

5. July 12, 2015 / 4:29 pm

Hi! I love this red lipstick. Did you know there's a Spanish singer called Russian Red after this lipstick?
    Best regards from Barcelona,
    Marta

6. August 8, 2015 / 6:47 am

Simple but very attractive! I bought mine for only 5 pounds! You've earned a new subscriber