The Base I Always Come Back To

When it comes to make-up, I have to mix things up a bit. I have my staple products that I know work, and even though I’ll stray for a while, they’re the ones I always come back to. Foundation is so important to get right, and what looks good on your favourite beauty Youtuber might just not look good on you. Regardless of whether it’s in a pretty bottle or a hyped up new release, *sobs*. Once you’ve got your foundation BFF, you’ve got to stick together. You know what I’m saying?

For me it’s always been NARS Sheer Glow in ‘Gobi’. What I love about this range is that for girls like me who still resemble Casper even in the summer time, NARS have the perfect colours to accommodate. Where ‘Mont Blanc’ is ultra pale, ‘Gobi’ just has the right amount of a yellow undertone to give a glow to my pale skin. I can’t speak for the other colours, but from what I’ve read, NARS shades get a unanimous thumbs up.

So onto the finish. This isn’t a heavy duty foundation, so definitely not one for those looking to cover acne or break outs. But if you’re skin isn’t too troublesome, Sheer Glow has a buildable medium coverage that ticks all of my foundation boxes. Despite the misleading title, it’s not actually sheer at all, but teetering on the mid point of a matte and glowy finish. There’s no arguing that this foundation gives a flawless base, without the heavy and cakey feeling of a high coverage foundation.

Of course, I couldn’t leave out the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. What I love about this product is that it’s a concealer and highlighter in one, and actually does both things perfectly, unlike a lot of concealers I’ve tried. I absolutely love the finish of this when applied as a V-shape under my eyes to conceal dark circles and highlight my face. I always go for the lightest colour ‘Chantily’ which is perfect for highlighting.

What is the base that you always come back to? Have you tried these?

1. August 14, 2015 / 5:33 pm

I love the Nars concealer too I have a new favourite foundation at the minute though but Sheer Glow is lovely.

Catherine x The Beauty Trove

2. August 14, 2015 / 6:32 pm

Sheer Glow is holy grail, I don't think I will ever find another foundation that compares.
    Great post
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

3. August 14, 2015 / 6:54 pm

These products sound so great, I've never splashed out too much money on make up before – now I feel like I'm reaching an age where I should treat myself to some slightly higher end brands! Thanks for this review πŸ™‚ x

ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

4. August 14, 2015 / 7:22 pm

When I went to a NARS counter to try out Sheer Glow, they told me it wouldn't suit me if I had oily skin. But the Sheer Matte was too matte for me and after reading that Sheer Glow has a matte finish I definitely need to go back and try it out! The concealer sounds amazing also πŸ™‚ x
    Charlotte's Road

5. August 14, 2015 / 10:16 pm

I absolutely adore The Body Shop's all in one face-base. It's a powder foundation that can either be worn alone or over the top of a liquid product. I've been using it for 3 years now and have tried many other products however nothing tops this glorious pot of perfection. Its not super cheap – Β£14.50 – but it's not Chanel or YSL prices either. Would recommend 100%.

6. August 15, 2015 / 8:38 am

Sheer Glow has been on my 'to-try' list for EVER; the only thing putting me off is not having a NARS counter in Coventry. I need to make the trip into Birmingham and get my hands on it though because I'm sure I'd love it!

Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

7. August 15, 2015 / 12:03 pm

I've not tried these, but my base has to be Urban Decay Naked skin foundation and concealer πŸ˜€

Pam xo/ Pam Scalfiβ™₯

8. August 15, 2015 / 9:44 pm

I must try both as I am obsessed with NARS lips and cheeks but surprisingly haven't tried a base or concealer before x

9. August 16, 2015 / 8:04 am

Both these are some of my favourite base products, I can't wait to et back into sheer glow come Winter but the concealer is an essential all year for me!

Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

10. August 16, 2015 / 11:12 am

Nars is always a brand I have wanted to try but never really got round to it, I have heard endless good things about these products however and I am desperate to give the a go!

Lucy // Ooh La Luce

11. August 16, 2015 / 7:58 pm

I've always wanted to try these products, I have seen so many great reviews… I think it's time for a splurge πŸ™‚

Life As Lissy

12. August 21, 2015 / 2:39 pm

These are definitely my favourite high end base products! The only problem is that I have the wrong shade in Sheer Glow so I have to go and get the right one :Dx

Anuβ™‘ | My life as Anu | bloglovin

13. September 2, 2015 / 6:57 pm

I've decided Sheer Glow is to be my next foundation, I just can't go much longer without trying it!
    Megan x