Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal (Healthy + Vegan)

When it comes to Autumnal breakfasts, oatmeal gets my vote, every time. I eat it everyday without fail and could probably eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner with no regrets. Lately I’ve been obsessed with this cinnamon, stewed apple and sultana combination. It’s sweet, filling, and the cinnamon adds the warmth we crave on cold mornings. Plus, it’s super easy, only contains a few ingredients and can be whipped up quickly before you leave the house. If you’re super busy, just make it the night before and there you have your perfectly Instagramable overnight oats. Who said healthy breakfasts had to be hard?

INGREDIENTS
 Oats
 1 Apple
1 Handful of Sultanas
 Sweetener (I used date syrup but agave/ honey tastes amazing too)
 Cinnamon
Chia seeds (optional)
 Almond Milk

METHOD
 In a small saucepan, pour in your diced apples, cover with almond milk, then add your sweetener and a tablespoon of cinnamon. Put on a lid and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes or until you have deliciously stewed apples. Be sure to check occassionally so that the apples don’t burn.
While the apples cook, get making your oats. Add as many as you want (I usually go for around 50g), cover with almond milk and add cinnamon and the sultanas. My trick for perfect oats is to stir, stir, stir whilst adding more and more milk as you go. Once they reach the consistency you like, pour over the stewed apples and add your toppings. I never skip out on a tablespoon full of chia seeds for a nutrition kick. Frozen berries taste amazing stirred in and crumbled nuts will give that apple-pie like crunch.

Will you be trying this? What’s your favourite Autumnal breakfast?

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK
PS Enter my giveaway to win tickets to The Clothes Show here

1. October 18, 2015 / 10:49 am

It looks so delicious, and sounds so easy to make. Now it's Autumn it's also a perfect breakfast meal!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

2. October 18, 2015 / 11:26 am

aah this looks lovely! amazing that its vegan too!

Rachel // Style Soup

3. October 19, 2015 / 7:46 am

Ooh this sounds yummy. I love cinnamon too!
    girlavie.com X

4. October 19, 2015 / 2:04 pm

oh wow this looks and sounds so freakin yummy and im not even a fan of apples :p

Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

5. October 25, 2015 / 3:54 pm

Mmmm, this sounds incredibly tasty. And a whole lot easier than a thought. Will have to give this a whirl x

6. October 28, 2015 / 5:25 pm

Oh my god this looks so yummy! I'm trying out different vegan recipes at the moment as I really want to start eating healthier. Need to try this recipe too :)x

Anu♡ | Based On | bloglovin

7. July 12, 2016 / 5:30 am

Hi everyone,
    I'm so excited my husband is back after he have left me for another woman.
    My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 24 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity.If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on: +2348072370762..I am Donna Murray by name and I reside here in United States..Contact Dr.Unity for help via email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com .