Ahhh, Hong Kong. One of the most frenetic and eclectic places on the planet, this city is so much more than the urban metropolis that you might expect. Away from the glowing neon street signs and bustling night markets are rolling mountains and dreamy beaches that will leave you yearning to explore. HK also boasts a plethora of historical sites; from local temples wafting incense to a trail of 10,000 buddhas, this place has it all. So, whether you’re planning a trip to HK or are an expat wanting to make the most of your time in the +852, here’s the ultimate Hong Kong bucket list…
1) HIKE HIKE HIKE! From Dragon’s Back to Lion Rock, there are so many trails to explore
2) Pay a visit to The Big Buddha in Lantau
3) Find zen in metropolis at Chi Lin Nunnery
4) Hang out with 10,000 Buddhas in Sha Tin
5) Rent a bike and cycle around Tai-po
6) Ride the Star Ferry and take in HK’s beautiful skyline
7) Splash out on a luxurious spa day
8) Take the tram up to The Peak
9) Island hop to Cheung Chau and Lamma
10) Go bowling!
11) Eat yourself into oblivion at One Dim Sum
12) Explore the street art in the Mid-Levels
13)… and ride the world’s longest escalator while you’re at it!
14) Spend your Friday night at an outdoor cinema
15) Take a romantic trip aboard the Aqua Luna
16) Explore the fishing village, Tai O, and try to spot some pink dolphins
17) Explore Kowloon’s street markets
18) Drink a cocktail in the sky at the O-Zone bar
19) See how the other half lives in Discovery Bay
20) Have a picnic in the Botanical Gardens or Hong Kong Gardens
21) Take a day trip to Stanley
22) Try your hand at spoken word with Peel Street Poets
23) Eat curry in the infamous Chunking Mansions
24) Go antique hunting in Cat Street
25) Gamble in Macau
26) Make an incense wish in one of the temples
27) Party on a junk boat
28) Take advantage of free museums on Wednesdays!
29) Get cheap reflexology
30) Go to Pizza Express in Harbour City for THE BEST harbour view
Are you visiting HK anytime soon, or live here already? What’s on your HK bucket list?